11-12 Boys Baseball Division
About the 11-12 Boys Division
Age: League ages 11 and 12 years old (may not turn 13 prior to Aug 1st of the current season
Play Type: Increased level of competitiveness. Continued focus on development and instruction through additional base running, pitching and catching rules that allow players to develop and refine more advanced baseball skills during live game play.
| 11-12 Division Rules Summary:
- Games will be seven (7) innings, or one hour and fifty-five minutes (1 hour 55 minutes) with no new inning to begin after one hour and thirty-five minutes (1 hour 35 minutes) of play. The home team only bats in the final inning if they are trailing or if the score is tied. Play will be discontinued at one hour and fifty-five-minute (1 hour 55 minutes) hour mark regardless of which team is ahead or game situation. The score at the one hour and fifty-five-minute hour mark will be the final score
- Run rule: There will be no run rule. The inning or half-inning will end when the batting team reaches the bottom of the order or three (3) outs are recorded.
- Teams field 9 defensive players.
- All players bat in the lineup 'the continuous order'.
- Dropped third strike rule in effect.
- No leadoffs. Stealing of 2nd and 3rd base only.
- Pitch count and innings limits on pitchers (see full list of rules and regulations).
|See the 11-12 Rules page for a complete list of all 11-12 division rules and regulations.