13-14 Boys Baseball Division
About the 13-14 Boys Division
Age: League ages 13 and 14 years old (may not turn 15 prior to Aug 1st of the current season- Berea Only)
Play Type: Increased competitveness, including some inter-city play with neighboring cities. Level of play is more competitive, emphasizing preparedness for high school play. Teams will play against Middleburg Hts, Brookpark and Strongsville, with games hosted in all four participating communities.
| 13-14 Division Rules Summary:
- Games will be seven (7) innings, or one hour and fifty-five minutes (1 hour 55 minutes) with no new inning to begin after one hour and thirty-five minutes (1 hour 35 minutes) of play. The home team only bats in the final inning if they are trailing or if the score is tied. Play will be discontinued at one hour and fifty-five-minute (1 hour 55 minutes) hour mark regardless of which team is ahead or game situation. The score at the one hour and fifty-five-minute hour mark will be the final score
- The divisions play under National Federation of High School Rules with Suburban League Umpires.
- Run rule: There will be no run rule. The inning or half-inning will end when the batting team reaches the bottom of the order or three (3) outs are recorded.
- Teams field 9 defensive players.
- Continuous batting order (all players present will bat in the order)
- Dropped third strike rule in effect.
- Balk rules in effect.
- Lead offs permitted. Stealing of 2nd and 3rd base only.
- Pitch count and innings limits on pitchers (see full list of rules and regulations).
|See the 13-14 Boys Rules page for a complete list of all 13-14 division rules and regulations.